Autoblog Night Watch: BMW's The Hire - Star
BMW's short film series, 'The Hire,' was arguably the most engaging advertainment ever created by an automaker. The cars, the driving, the production and even the story lines were enough to keep you transfixed throughout each seven-minute spot.
In celebration of us finally dropping the cash to purchase an unopened example on eBay, we've decided to share our favorite flick from the series, 'Star'. And really, what's not to like? The prototypical protagonist flogs one of the great Q-ships of our time around an unnamed metropolis, relentlessly tossing his dissatisfied client around the back seat and finally dispatching her in front of the camera-toting throngs.
It's just too damned enjoyable to only watch once.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models