Need a rundown of the energy policy bills before Congress? At least one man's view?
Ben Lieberman, a senior policy analyst at the conservative think tank Heritage Foundation, has comments worth reading and debating. Basically he says:
- Oil rationing would raise the price of oil to unprecedented levels.
- Requiring 4-billion gallons of corn-based ethanol in 2006 gas supplies was a "disaster."
- "Agriculture pork" is a common theme among many proposed alternative fuel mandates.
- Windfall profits tax is the worst of any Carter-era energy ideas being resurrected.
- Price controls and price-gouging laws will make matters worse
- Raising CAFE means the federal government will dictate vehicle choice.
- The off-shore drilling bill is promising.
Lieberman doesn't mention any good bills before Congress, just criticizes his favorites.
[Source: TCS Daily]