CSNY's tour mandate: "Walk Lighter on the Planet"
To achieve this goal, CSNY is fueled their tour vehicles - eight tractor-trailers and ten buses - with American-made soy-derived B99. Neil Young has been using biodiesel to tour since his 2004 Greendale tour, and all four main performers either use biodiesel in their daily vehicles or are converting to the biofuel.
While I applaud CSNY's actions, I hope they keep checking their rearviewmirror for some of the rock youngsters (well, young compared to CSNY anyway) who are going green as well. If they all compete to be the greenest band on the planet, then everyone wins. Check out these related stories:
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video