Kovalainen to take Alonso's ride
The young Finn will join Giancarlo Fisichella, who signed a one-year extension with the French team in June, as well as Flavio Briatore, who has decided to stay on board for two more years. Kovalainen joined Renault as their back-up driver for the 2006 season but has been testing for the team since 2004. He was runner-up in the GP2 series last season. Heikki will be supported by ex-Toyota (and recent Laguna Seca lap record setter) test driver Ricardo Zonta and Nelson Piquet, Jr., who also is stepping up from GP2.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies