For sale: a spacious 3-bedroom with a nice view and a hybrid
Clarum, now a leader in "green building," started their environmental quest by installing solar electric systems as standard equipment. In 2002, they introduced a Zero Energy Home prototype called the Enviro-Home for which they received the Environmental Protection Agency's Energy Star rating, ConSol's ComfortWise designation, and the Building Industry Institute's California Green Builder Certification.
Executives at Clarum said they decided the free hybrids would do more for the environment than a price cut.
[Source: Associated Press via The San Jose Mercury News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies