- Aug 28, 2006
BusinessWeek identifies fuel sipping luxury cars
In the event that high gas prices begin hitting even the wealthy, displacement-loving, power-toting blokes among us, BusinessWeek has compiled a list of the top ten most fuel efficient luxury cars. The list, especially when you include the runners-up, is a diverse showing of both automakers and fuel types, with hybrids and diesels finding a place alongside with their gasoline-powered siblings.
- Mid-size: Mercedes E320 CDI, runner up: Lexus GS300
- SUV: Lexus RX 400h, runner up: Volvo XC/70
- Sub-compact: Acura RSX, runner up: Lexus IS250
- Compact: Audi A4, runner up: Volvo S40
- Small wagon: Audi A3, runner up: Volvo V50
- Mid-sized wagon: Volvo V70, runner up: Saab 9-5 SportCombi
- Two-seater: BMW Z4 3.0, runner up: Porsche Boxster
- Mini-compact: Audi TT, runner up: BMW 330Ci
- Full-size: Jaguar XJ8, runner up: Mercedes-Benz S430
- Truck: Lincoln Mark LT, runner up: Cadillac Escalade EXT
The cheapest among them to drive is the Acura RSX, with the A3 and A4 coming in second if you actually want to stow some junk in the trunk.
[Source: BusinessWeek]Related Posts
Top ten most fuel-efficient large vehicles