BP continues to push its "better petroleum" image
BP provided the initial funding to set up targetneutral and continues to pay for administrative costs while the proceeds generated by the program are directed towards a host of CO2 reduction projects which currently include a biomass plant and a wind farm in India as well as an animal waste management and methane capture program in Mexico.
This Marketplace story from the American Public Media offers a bit of a different take on BP's announcement. Mark Trexler, president of Trexler Climate and Energy services which analyzes the carbon offset market, says that the value of these programs may be more educational than environmental and that BP's targetneutral comes up short.
[Source: Auto Industry]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models