And the winner of most biodiesel produced last year is...
Pop quiz, hot shot. Which region of the world produced the most biodiesel in 2005?
Brazil? No, that's ethanol. Willie Nelson's backyard? Nope. The answer is the European Union, where diesel engines have long been popular and Germany is the "flag bearer of the region in terms of the biofuel production", according to a new report by RNCOS on the 2006 world biofuel market. The EU produced 3.4 million tons of biodiesel last year, and over one million tons of biodiesel were sold in Germany last year and demand is expected to grow by 34 percent from 2006-2010.
There is much more detailed information in the actual 85-page PDF report, which is available for $1,400 from RNCOS.
[Source: Media Syndicate]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models