Piquet name returns to Formula 1
"Nelsinho" is the son of three-time world champion Nelson Piquet, who retired from Formula 1 in 1991. Interestingly, Piquet Sr.'s first world championship came with the Brabham team, then managed by none other than Bernie Ecclestone.
The rumor suggests that current third driver Heikki Kovaleinen will be promoted to race alongside Giancarlo Fisichella in 2007, after the departure of world champion Fernando Alonso for more lucrative pastures at McLaren. And this in turn suggests that Kimi Raikkonen will either stay at McLaren to race alongside Alonso, or move to Ferrari, possibly partnering with Michael Schumacher.
[Source: Le Blog Auto]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models