Jaguar North America chose the upmarket automotive aura surrounding Pebble Beach this weekend to announce the U.S. pricing for its new supercharged 2007 XKR Coupe and Convertible.
Pricing for the Coupe will start at $86,500, while the Convertible version starts at $92,500.
In Thursday's announcement, the 420 hp XKR models were described as, "sensational cars to drive that define the road...the 2007 XKR provides those who have an affinity for power and luxury, the combination of exhilaration and refinement."
Standard XKR features include:
- enhanced ride and handling via uprated springs and dampers, plus a recalibrated active technology suspension system
- six-speed automatic with paddle shifters ("shifts in milliseconds")
- the aforementioned supercharged V8, good for 0-60 in 4.9 seconds
- an Active Exhaust System - quiet at cruise, but pleasingly loud under hard acceleration
- unique styling features
- unique aluminum "weave" design interior trim (more traditional Poplar or Walnut veneer trim is a no-cost option)
- performance brakes
- 'R' sports seats
- 19-inch wheels
- adaptive front lighting
XKR options include a Luxury Package at $2,100 (upgraded leather, 16-way power seats, leather-trimmed instrument panel), a Premium Sound Package at $1,875 (Alpine 525-watt, 8-speaker system with SIRIUS satellite radio), and a radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control system at $2,200.
For more information on the big cat, check out our earlier posts, here and here.