New Scirocco: More info, new pics
The newly developed platform will underpin the upcoming versions of the Golf Mark VI, although in the Scirocco application, suspension and ride characteristics will be more geared towards tarmac sticking versus commuter loafing.
The engine choices here in the States will include the 2.0 TSI mill that makes its way into the engine bays of every damn vehicle in V-Dub's lineup, with future plans of adding the 3.2-liter V6. European buyers will also get the choice of a 170 hp turbo-diesel. Power will either be routed through a 6-speed manual or the delicious DSG.
Pricing is a mute point now, but expect something in the mid-to-high $20k realm.
VW Scirocco May Go for $28,000
More Volkswagen Scirocco Pics
Report: Volkswagen Scirocco Green Lighted
VW Unveiling Sc-IROC-Co concept in Paris
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies