Mazda announces U.S. pricing for MX-5 Power Retractable Hard Top
We reported earlier that Mazda's own North American website revealed that the price of the MX-5 Power Retractable Hard Top would start below $25,000, and Mazda has stayed true to its word. Dave Thomas over at KickingTires is reporting that the price will begin at a very reasonable $24,350, which makes this MX-5 the least expensive retractable hard top convertible on the market by far. The Pontiac G6 Convertible held that title for a short while with a base price of $28,490, but no more. Whereas the soft-top MX-5 starts at $20,435 for a Club Spec model, the MX-5 Power Retractable Hard Top begins as an upmarket Sport model with a six-speed manual or auto transmission and larger 17-inch wheels. DT did the math and since a soft-sport model starts at $22,935, that means the hard top hardware only costs buyers an additional $1,415.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX