Girls and tofu fans, get your Hummer on. New ads rated
The most recent Hummer model, the H3, is smaller than the previous two, but the marketing tactics are the same. Slate.com take a gander at the television spots, in which people who feel inadequate – one man is ridiculed for buying tofu – make up for it by buying an H3. So that's the answer. The commercials were originally tagged with "Restore your manhood", but that has been changed to the slightly less ridiculous "Restore the balance". Which part of a Hummer is in balance, anyway?
The ad targeted towards women ends with "Get your girl on". Slate rates the ads a C-, which must mean they're grading on a curve.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models