Ford recalls 1.2 million trucks
The problem lies in the interaction between the cruise control deactivation switch and the brake system, that in rare instances can cause the switch to overheat and catch fire. The fix involves installing an inline fuse in the cruise control system.
The recall includes 1994-2002 F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 trucks; 1994-1996 Econoline vans; 1996-2002 E-450 trucks; 1998 Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer SUVs; and 2000-2002 Excursion SUVs.
Ford recalled about 5 million trucks last year for the same problem.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video