Chrysler considering Chinese partner for supermini
Chrysler CEO Tom LaSorda is quoted as saying that, in addition to seeking partnerships with Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Volkswagen, a Chinese manufacturer may be in the running. Which one? People in the know point to Chery, with LaSorda saying that he has no quality concerns about working with a Chinese automaker.
As reported earlier, Dodge is being closely watched by DaimlerChrysler's team of global managers and gambling with a small Chinese manufacturer could have a detrimental effect on the automaker's future ambitions in Europe. A decision regarding the alliance will be made by fall of this year.
[Source: Automotive News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies