Fiat posts another profitable quarter, raises forecast
More important than the group result is the fact that the automotive business, Fiat Auto, posted its third consecutive quarterly profit, a healthy $111.1 million. In the same quarter a year ago, the then-struggling auto group posted a loss of $111 million. Massive restructuring of the automotive operation and the introduction of successful new models led by Fiat's Grande Punto (at right), are credited with the turnaround.
Fiat Group also raised its yearly profit forecast for 2006 Monday, to $2.3 billion.
[Sources: Reuters, Fiat Group]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video