TVR coming to the U.S.?
According to the chairman and owner of British sports car maker TVR, Nikolai Smolenski, the marque could be returning to the U.S. market, once its Speed Six engine is upgraded to meet more stringent emissions standards.
Announcing an agreement with powertrain engineering specialists Ricardo plc, Smolenski said that with Ricardo's help the company plans to develop a Euro 5-compliant version of the Speed Six in the next 18 months, as part of the company's plan to expand its sales and distribution range throughout Europe and to U.S. and other international markets.
After the Speed Eight engine was discontinued at the end of 2004, the TVR Speed Six became the company's only production powerplant.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models