Kia's updated Opirus may give sneak peek at new Amanti
The improvements are much appreciated, but end far short of a complete redesign. The Opirus, however, does get a major boost in power thanks to the corporate 3.8-liter V6 also used in the Hyundai Azera. Producing 263 horsepower, the larger powerplant would give the Amanti a lot more get up and go than its current 200-hp, 3.5-liter V6.
The AutoWeek forum members are now haggling over price, some insisting that if these changes occur to the North American Amanti that its base price will immediately crest the $30K mark, putting Kia in uncharted territory.
(Follow the jump for additional pics of the exterior and interior)
[Source: AutoWeek forums]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models