VIDEO: Drag racing tires in slow-mo
We always assumed that every component of a top-fuel dragster or funny car undergoes an unthinkable amount of stress on each run, but this high-quality, slow-motion video shows exactly how a drag racing tire reacts to the extreme amount of abuse it takes each time down the track. As substantial as these rubber doughnuts are, the power of a dragster's motor has no trouble making them quiver like Jell-O.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies