Manual windows going way of hand-cranked starter
Hand-cranked car windows are one such item, as power windows become standard even in entry level vehicles such as the Ford Focus and Honda Fit. Honda Motor Co. has even made power windows standard across its line, the first major automaker to do so. States Honda representative Sage Marie, "It's not even so much a luxury touch anymore. It's an expectation. That's why you see it on everything from our least expensive model to the highest."
What feature do you see next to be phased out as optional? Manual car locks? Air-conditioning?
[Source: USA Today via The Auto Channel]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video