Caliber kickin' @$$ in sales
The Caliber launch couldn't have come at a better time, with consumers beginning to abandon large SUVs for smaller cars in increasing numbers. Fuel prices are reportedly driving the migration, and the Caliber's four-cylinder engine lineup that includes 1.8-, 2.0-, and 2.4-liter World Engines mated to a CVT transmission can deliver highway mileage up to 32 mpg.
While not being the most fuel-efficient small car on the market, we think a major ingredient to the Caliber's recipe for success is the fact that customers don't have to give up a macho image to get more mileage from a tank of gas.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models