2006 may be remembered as highest ethanol prices, demand
However, the prices could possibly drop by year's end and remain low into next year. July and August are peak vacation months in the U.S. and have the highest fuel consumption. Replacement of MTBE in the fuel supply would be complete while new ethanol production plants (33 by year's end) would be ready to start production in 2007. Note that E85 prices are not affected by current prices due to negotiations between fuel sellers and their suppliers.
[Source: USA Today]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies