Also, despite lists like this one, it's always good to remember that one doesn't need a paddle at Barrett-Jackson to get into the game. Local newspapers and weeklies are always a great place to start. Sure, you may not find a concours-level, numbers-matching, rare-engined stunner, but you can find great bargains that are as much or more fun to work on and to drive.
All that said, here's the top 10 list as reported by CNN:
- 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda convertible - $2,000,000
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-454/LS-6 convertible - $369,000
- 1969 Pontiac GTO "Judge" convertible - $205,200
- 1964 Shelby Cobra 289 Roadster - $329,100
- 1969 Dodge Charger R/T-440 hardtop - $170,000
- 1968 Shelby GT-500-KR convertible - $191,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28/SS coupe - $91,700
- 1970 Oldsmobile 442/W-30 hardtop -$85,960
- 1970 Plymouth Superbird-440 hardtop - $107,500
- 1969 Ford Torino-Talladega hardtop - $37,100
Agree? Disagree? Let's hear what your favorites are in the comments section.
Photo: Alex Nunez
[Source: CNN Money]