Another 10,000 job cuts at Volkswagen?
Apparently, the cuts would be necessary to increase production efficiency for the next-generation Golf at the Wolfsburg plant. As with the current round of job reductions, the additional cut would be accomplished via early retirement and voluntary termination programs. (Under an agreement with local governments in Germany, the company cannot impose involuntary layoffs before 2012.)
VW's Wolfsburg employees had hoped that the new Scirocco would be built there, only to learn that production is planned for a more efficient plant in Portugal.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models