Toyota shutters Port Melbourne, Australia plant
The 54-year-old plant has seen in excess of one million Toyotas pour from its gates up until 1994 (the factory has only assembled parts since that time), and will now fall silent as its assembly tools are being moved to the company's Altona facility.
Along with Toyota, the factory has also churned out many other vehicles from other manufacturers, including Mercedes-Benz, Triumph, and Standard.
[Sources: Wards Auto; Hinterland Toyota]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies