Elise S anchors Lotus lineup
Lotus has announced the availability of the Elise S, a new entry-level Elise the company hopes will place its lightweight sportscar in arms reach of the mass market. Powering the Elise S will be a Toyota-derived 1.8L four-cylinder producing 134 horsepower. While some gluttonous power junkies may scoff at the relatively low number of ponies in this car's corral, the Elise S weighs a mere 1,896 lbs. That kind of power-to-weight ratio is good for a 5.8 second run to 60 mph. The pricetag of the Elise S will also be lightweight for Lotus, tipping the scales at just under £24,000 ($44,000 USD). North America, however, has been left off the delivery list, as the Elise S will only be available in Europe and Japan.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX