German car mag Autobild has just placed its bet on what BMW's future lineup will look like by the end of the decade. Leading off will be a new large hardtop convertible, a successor to the Z8 if you will. While Autobild's rendering is mostly speculation, it clearly identifies the car as a meaty two-seater with a traditional long hood, short rear deck design. BMW should buy the rights to this gorgeous pic and just build it as is. The following list is what Autobild claims to have learned about the Z8 successor.
- Targeted at Mercedes-Benz SL
- Priced from 80,000 to 100,000 Euro ($102,000 to $128,000 USD)
- Target weight of 3,300 lbs.
- 15,000 annual units for seven years beginning with 2010 launch
- Possible engines include a 3.0L turbo I6 with 306 hp, a 4.4L V8 turbo wtih 408 hp, the lauded 5.0L V10 with 507 HP and possibly a 6.3L V12 turbo making 605 hp
- M model planned
Next Gen BMW Z4 - holds the Bangle at bay with soft curves
3-Series hardtop convertible - looks like a 3-series sedan with two less doors and no top... exciting.
X6 large sport utility - we've been wondering when BMW would target the Mercedes-Benz GL class
Next gen 7-Series - bigger kidneys and better butt