Adios Aerio! Next Forenza has your number
Now that GM has sold its stake in Suzuki the automaker has gotten down to business developing its own products, and the next generation Forenza is shaping up to be a contender. Developed entirely by Suzuki and set to be built in Japan, the Forenza's replacement will take the lead as Suzuki's new entry level model with a sticker around $15K. That means the unloved Aerio five-door hatch and four-door sedan will be nixed. No worries though, as Suzuki is planning on 100,000 sales annually for the next Forenza.
We're not quite sure what this means for the Swift's return to U.S. shores. Hopefully the Forenza's entry-level status won't crowd out the hot subcompact from Suzuki's North American lineup.
[Source: Inside Line]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies