Nissan, Suzuki to trade cars and trucks
According to Reuters, the new move is seen as an indication that Nissan may take an equity stake in Suzuki, now that General Motors has sold off most of its Suzuki shares.
The new deal will see Nissan provide Suzuki with a minivan for the Japanese market, while Suzuki will provide a new small car for Nissan's Japanese lineup. In North America, Suzuki will rebadge a Nissan pickup starting in 2008. Nissan's European market portfolio will include a new "A" segment city car from Suzuki, also appearing in 2008.
Cooperation in emerging markets will begin with production of Nissan cars at Suzuki's facilities in India.
[Sources: Nissan, Reuters]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models