U.S. Sales: SUVs and trucks drag down GM, Ford, Chrysler
Strong sales of new car models softened the blow for Ford, General Motors and Chrysler group, but all three posted sales declines nonetheless, with GM taking the biggest hit, down 12.5 percent. Based on May's results, both GM and Ford lowered production targets for the the third quarter.
Among other imports, BMW, Mazda, Subaru and Mitsubishi posted gains, while Porsche sales were flat. Nissan sales were down sharply.
[Source: Automotive News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies