VIDEO: Volvo demos self-parking for the (future) masses
"Car. Park yourself."
Is self-parking vehicles another trend or the latest safety feature? Volvo, whose reputation is built on the latter, recently demo'd a self-parking S60, making it one of the first along with this self-parking Prius. Four ultra sonic sensors scan the desired space and a computer calculates if parking is feasible. The computer, after directing the driver to release the steering wheel, then parks the car.
The system was designed by a collaborative effort between a local Swedish university and Volvo. Testers seemed impressed with the system and we admit it looks useful for certain situations. Check out the video and let us know what you think.
[Source: YouTube via Transport Trends]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models