Plug-in hybrid car flown to Washington to promote green car technologies
The two cars were modified by plug-in hybrid proponents (to allow them to be plugged in) and decorated with giant red letters saying "100+ MPG" to really drive the point home that these cars are fuel efficient. Of course, that number is slightly deceptive because plug-in cars take power from the electric grid and the gallons of fuel in the tank. If you're interested, there's a discussion of the number on the Hybrid Cars website.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies