Melling Hellcat supercar unveiled!
The accompanying pictures are vidcaps from a Sky News piece about Al Melling's new supercar - the Melling Hellcat. As the video shows, Melling has a running prototype of the V10-powered car. (Watch the video here.)
The prototype looks rather racy, sporting Viper-style like pipes, and in an interview the designer confirms he's taking the new sportscar to Le Mans in 2007.
More interesting still is this story, which maintains that not only will Melling build four cars a month in his Rochdale, U.K. factory, but he has also inked a deal with Roush Industries to build 100 cars a month in the U.S.! While one has to wonder about the predicted production volume, the USA/UK badging on the prototype certainly suggests there's something to the story.
[Sources: Rochdale Observer via Pistonheads, Sky News]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX