Need an engine fueled by either ethanol, hydrogen, natural gas, or propane? No problem.
Hydrogen Engine Center has created three and six cylinder engines as well as other products. The industrial engine market has literally opened up for the company since the Detroit Three have all but abandoned it as part of their cost-cutting measures. The company is currently researching using ammonia as a possible fuel due to hydrogen's well-known storage problem. Hollinger is not adverse with working with any automaker interested in his company's technology and hopes that some will do so in the future.
[Source: Associated Press via MorningSun]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models