Fiat confirms buyback of Ferrari shares
Fiat originally sold 34 percent of Ferrari to the consortium, which in turn sold a 5 percent stake in 2005 to an investment company backed by the government of Abu Dhabi. Fiat will repurchase the remaining 29 percent still held by the banks, apparently allowing the Abu Dhabi group to remain a Ferrari stakeholder.
The buyback plan will up Fiat's controlling interest in Ferrari to 85 percent.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies