A few dozen biodiesel fun facts
- A bushel of soybeans can produce 1.4 gallons of biodiesel.
- Biodiesel has the highest energy balance of any fuel. For every one unit of fossil energy needed to produce biodiesel, 3.2 units of energy are gained.
- More than 100 major fleets use biodiesel (I'd like to see that list).
The fun facts don't get into a lot of specifics. For example, the tidbit that "Using biodiesel will not void warranties" only applies, as far as I know, to fuel-grade biodiesel that meets ASTM D6751 specifications. If you're making your own, then the warranty may well be voided. Then again, if you're an appleseed reactor type of reader, you probably already know this.
[Source: Pasadena Weekly, thanks to Joel A]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models