Volkswagen diesel sale up to 22 percent of all VWs sold in the U.S.
Volkswagen sells three diesel models – of the Jetta, the Golf and the New Beetle – in the United States, according to the article. About 40 percent of Jetta and New Beetle sales were diesel models, compared to only 13 percent for the Golf. The new Rabbit will soon replace the Golf. In previous years, diesel models made up between 12 and 14 percent of Volkswagen's sales.
[Source: Bloomberg] [Update: this story and others had "Volkswagon" typos corrected, thanks to Phil]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video