Fiat may up its stake in Ferrari
Mediobanca has held shares in Ferrari since 2002, when it led a group of banks in a purchase of 34 percent of Ferrari to help bail out debt-laden Fiat. Mediobanca still holds 11.7 percent of Ferrari, while Fiat owns 56 percent.
Fiat's halo brand turned a healthy profit in the most recent quarter, driven by strong sales of its new F430 model.
[Source: Automotive News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies