Toyota Aygo averages 90 mpg in GreenFleet Fuel Challenge
The Toyota Aygo, a diminutive hatchback that has charmed even the power junkies that host Top Gear, achieved 90.17 mpg during the first GreenFleet Fuel Challenge in the U.K. The competition pitted 20 vehicles in various categories against each other to demonstrate the potential environmental and economic benefits of green fleet vehicles. The Aygo and its compatriots were driven 10 laps (32.5 miles) around Silverstone and none were able to beat the green feat of the Aygo and its 1.4L diesel. Economy at this level comes with sacrifice, however, as the Aygo’s 55 bhp tops out at 95 mph and gets passed by snails on its 16.8-second trip to 62 mph.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX