Ford has already responded to a safety-conscious market and beefed up the level of standard safety equipment included in the 2007 Fusion and Mercury Milan sedans, and its now apparent the new Edge CUV and its Lincoln MKX counterpart will hit dealer lots with loaded to the roof rack with safety equipment.
Both the Edge and MKX will include the following laundry list of safety features:
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- Dual stage driver and front passenger airbags
- Seat-mounted side air bags
- Safety Canopy air curtain system
- Driver seat positioning sensor
- Passenger seat occupant classification sensor
- Load-limiting safety belt retractors and pretensioners
- Energy absorbing steering wheel, knee bolster and glove box
Perhaps the best piece of safety equipment the Edge will be packing is its spankin’ new 3.5L V6 that produces 265 hp. Accident avoidance will be much easier with that much squirt on tap.