Stewart Alexander, California politician, promised more electric cars and hydrogen SUVs
Nonetheless, it’s good to hear (on Indymedia) someone like Stewart Alexander, Peace and Freedom Party candidate for California Lieutenant Governor, call for a dramatic plan to get 90 percent of gas guzzling vehicles off the road by 2020 and to use government funds to get private companies to pursue electric and hydrogen vehicles. He also proposed an elevated rail system in Riverside and Orange Counties. Are his proposals possible? Sure. Are people already working on these issues? Of course. Does one more political voice help? I believe so.
[Source: Indymedia. Hat tip: Joel A]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies