As Esquire magazine appears to have forgotten to post its "10 Most Awesome Autos" feature from its May issue online, Terry Box at the Dallas Morning News has been kind enough to accommodate list fanatics. The men's magazine actually made a pretty good show of picking its 10 favorite cars under $50,000. No defining criteria other than price and editorial opinion appears to have been employed, so take these for whatever they're worth. In no particular order and without further delay, the envelope, please ...
- Lotus Elise ($42,990):
- Chevrolet Corvette ($44,490)
- Mazda 6 ($19,670)
- Infiniti G35 coupe ($33,200)
- Ford F-150 ($19,640 to $37,005)
- Audi A3 3.2 DSG ($34,700)
- Subaru Legacy GT ($28,795)
- BMW 3-Series ($30,900 to $44,900)
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution ($29,149)
- Chrysler 300C SRT8 ($42,695)
So, did Esquire get it right, or is it missing something?
[Sources: Dallas Morning News; Esquire; Lotus]