Worried about an accidental E85 fill-up?
Ethanol changes the chemical make-up of gasoline when the two are blended together, and that may not be good for your car. A single accidental fill-up with E85 in your standard gasoline engine shouldn’t hurt too much, according to the article, and you can top off with standard gas after a few miles to minimize the fuel’s possibly harmful corrosive effects. [Source: Wisconsin State Journal. And thanks again to AutoblogGreen’s prolific tipster, Joel A]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video