A Better List of Greener Cars
The Green Book also lists the top ten meanest cars--cars with the lowest combined fuel economy and emissions ratings. Cars designed for racing (Lamborgini's Murcielago) and heavy-duty trucks (Ford's F250) dominate the list. I was surprised that the Hummer H2 was only number 7, but not surprised that three of the top five, including the #1 meanest car in America, were Dodges.
With a paid subscription to the Green Book, consumers looking beyond small sedans and heavy duty trucks can see the list by vehicle class. If you have four kids, you might not be shopping on the Honda Insight/Toyota Prius aisle, but the Green Book will help you pick a minivan or full-size SUV. [Source: GreenerCars.com]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies