Street-racing being driven from misdemeanor to felony
Reasons why people street-race, states CHP Sergeant Matt Boothe, range from younger drivers possessing 'invincibility complexes' to the availability of low-cost small, high-performance vehicles like modified Acuras.
Other laws in California dealing with the issue allow Los Angeles County police officers to confiscate and destroy such vehicles.
[Source: Whittier Daily News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies