What's next for Delphi?
Over at TheCarConnection.com, Joseph Szczesny has outlined the timeline of upcoming events for Delphi and its unions. The next major milestone is a May 9-10 bankruptcy court hearing on Delphi's request. The judge will likely take between 30 and 45 days to issue a ruling. If the ruling grants Delphi permission to go ahead, the company will have 10 days to terminate its labor agreements.
On the union side, the current contract (which is still in effect) has a no-strike clause. But if Delphi cancels the contract, the union is free to strike.
The bottom line appears to be that Delphi, the unions and General Motors have until early summer to come to an agreement on the future of Delphi's workers.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models