Volkswagen launches new Polo GTI
VW continues its new model push with a performance version of its Polo. The company borrowed heavily from the Golf GTI to come up with its new Polo supermini, which hits selected markets this spring, after having debuted at the Tokyo Motor Show in late 2005.
A significant step up from the last Polo GTI, which delivered 125 hp, the new GTI model pumps out 150 hp, good for 0-62 mph in 8.2 seconds.
The baby GTI is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 1.8-liter, 5-valve per cylinder, four cylinder engine. Other performance upgrades include 16-inch alloys sporting 205/45 rubber, and a lowered suspension with standard ESP. Oh, yes, and red brake calipers, too! More pics after the jump.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX