Lance Armstrong to drive Indianapolis 500 Corvette pace car
Chevrolet announced Tuesday that seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong will drive the 2006 Corvette Z06 pace car at this year's running of the Indianapolis 500.
The striking red, white and blue 'Vette will be the eighth to pace the Indy field in the race's history, marking the 17th time a Chevy has had the honor.
The stars and stripes color scheme is intended to tie in with Chevy's "An American Revolution" marketing campaign, and looks to be a vast improvement over the purple and yellow extravaganza that graced Jay Leno's Corvette pace car at this year's Daytona 500.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video