Insurance Institute for Highway Safety alters crash test practices
The IIHS instituted the new policy based on automakers' improvements in frontal crash protection. Note: only redesigned vehicles are eligible for this policy. The institute will still test 'substantially redesigned' models, and will also perform audits on eligible vehicles to verify automakers' data.
The IIHS plans to use resources freed from the new policy towards side-impact crash tests and avoidance technologies.
[Source: Associated Press via Houston Chronicle]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models