Tragedy on the Track: IRL driver killed during Homestead practice
It’s unclear why Dana did not slow down on the track despite yellow warning lights flashing on the track for several seconds before the crash, though out of respect the rookie driver not many are pursuing an answer to that question at the moment.
Dana’s teammates on the Rahal Letterman team, femme phenom Danica Patrick and Indy 500 winner Buddy Rice, did not race during the season opener yesterday out of respect for Dana’s death. Last year’s Indy 500 winner, Dan Wheldon, won the race edging out Helio Castroneves by 0.0147 seconds, the ninth closest finish in league history.
[Source: Sports Illustrated]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models